Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Parenting 101

Okay, I know I'm not a parent yet, but since I am going to be one soon, AND I work with kids who have TERRIBLE parents, I've been thinking about it a lot.

So I've decided that every once in a while, I will share with you what I have learned about parenting so far. Sometimes it will be lessons learned while being a mom to Elizabeth, and sometimes it will be lessons learned from seeing bad parenting while interacting with my students.


So here it goes:

Parenting lesson #476 -- When you have decided to go out of town to see a Bon Jovi concert, make sure that you are back in time to TAKE YOUR KID TO SCHOOL! (And if you're not, don't make him lie to the principal and say that he was "sick," especially when the other kids have already told her that he wasn't.)


Gotta love it!

More to come!

3 comments:

Jen McCrady said...

No way. Did that actually happen?

Please don't go to a Bon Jovi concert anyway :) Ick!

Loren said...

Jen, I'm so glad you are blogging again so I can keep up with you! Especially when you move. I started a new blog too, so here's hoping. :)

Jen McCrady said...

....oh and i hope you didn't hate that video i put up on the blog :) thought it was too cute not to post. and brings back memories!!!