Saturday, April 12, 2008

Joshua

Tonight Stephen and I were at Kohl's buying some new shoes, and when we were standing in line, we met a little boy, Joshua, and his mother. He was probably no more than 3 or 4 years old, but very friendly and out-going.

He noticed a stuffed animal that I had picked up to buy for Elizabeth (yep, we're already spoiling her), and he was instantly my new best friend. He walked right up to me and wanted to shake the little toy's, and he looked up at me and ask me where I found it.

His mother noticed that we were talking and came over to apologize, to which Stephen and I only smiled and said it wasn't a problem. She noticed that I am pregnant, and she said to Joshua, "She's got a baby," while pointing to my stomach. I snickered and added, "yea, but she's hiding inside."

Well, Joshua wanted to meet Elizabeth, so he automatically grabbed my shirt and lifted it up to find her! He's a very logical, if not literal, little boy. His mother was mortified, but Stephen and I had one of the biggest laughs we'd had all week.

Now that I've thought about it more, Joshua didn't just make me laugh; he made me even more excited about being a mom. I mean, I know that when Elizabeth is small and saying embarrassing things to strangers in stores, I'll be just as mortified as Joshua's mom was tonight, but think about it; I'll be in a store with my OWN CHILD!

I can't wait!

Today was a great day!

1 comment:

Jen McCrady said...

awww such a cute story!