Friday, April 4, 2008

Welcome to the life of Three Bushes!

So, Jen Russell told me that I absolutely HAD to start a blog since Stephen and I will be moving away AND having a baby, so I decided to oblige her! (Love you, Jen!)

Although we haven't moved yet, and Elizabeth has yet to show her beautiful face to the world, I decided that I should probably start blogging now, so that I could get myself into the habit.

So here we are, World Wide Web! We are the shrubs you can't ignore!


I won't begin our blog with a long narrative (but those of you who know us, know that long narratives will probably soon follow); however, I did want to make a short comment on a fun date Stephen and I just had.

Tonight, after some dinner, we did something that we rarely do; we went to see a movie! It's not that we don't enjoy movies; it's just that they are WAY more expensive than they need to be, so we save our movie-going for ones that we just HAVE to see.

Anyway, tonight we saw the movie Leatherheads, and I would highly recommend it! It's not an Oscar winner by any means, but it was a thoroughly enjoyable movie. The characters were great and very likable, the plot was surprising at times (without being impossible to understand), and it was reminiscent of old-time movies where the dialogue was smart and sassy, and the action was not. It had all of the elements that we enjoy without being too intense or too blah. And, it's about football! Woot!

Stephen and I mainly liked the fact that we could sit, relax, and take in a pleasantly comical and subtly romantic movie without being bombarded with all of the pomp and circumstance that most "modern-style" movies have nowadays.

So, go see it. You'll like it.

In other news, Elizabeth is kicking now. It's SO cool! :)

More later!

3 comments:

Jen McCrady said...

Yay for the shrubs!!!! LOVE YOU BOTH!!!

P.S. My name is Jen McCrady now.. sheesh!!! :)

Abby said...

So glad that you have started a blog. I came by the school on Wednesday and you were on a field trip. So sad that I missed you. Hope that everything with pregnancy is going great.

Abby

Kim said...

Glad to see the blog : ) I look forward to hearing about the family updates : )