Monday, December 8, 2008

A Great Weekend

This was a great weekend! As I sit here reflecting on the weekend and watching Elizabeth play and make funny faces, I realize that God has really blessed me the past few weeks with some great things going on to keep me from feeling lonely. Friday night, I went to a special event at Grace Church just for ladies. It was this fancy "English Tea" Christmas party where we chatted, enjoyed tea and goodies, and just had fun celebrating the Christmas season. It was really great, and those of you who know we well will not be surprised by this next tid-bit of info. I went to this thing with the intention of meeting some women my own age, but I ended up sitting at the youth group table making friends with high school and college aged girls, and it was a BLAST! I guess I'm really meant to work with youth. Ha!


Then on Saturday, an old friend, Robin Riggs Muse and her husband and daughter came over to have a southern meal and hang out. It was SO fun. They are absolutely wonderful to spend time with. And I think Elizabeth had a really good time with their daughter, Catie Beth. In fact, I think Catie Beth inspired Elizabeth to start crawling because she has been practicing ever since they were here. It's really cute.

Robin with the girls.


Hunter with the girls


Sunday was another great day at Grace Church. Stephen and I have decided that this is definitely the church for us. They are warm, inviting, and passionate about the Lord. It's really refreshing!

Well, I can't WAIT to go to Texas to see everyone! I'll be there soon!

Love to you all!

No comments: