Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A note from the rocking chair

I'm excited to inform all who are interested that we FINALLY got our rocking chair! YAY! I will post pics soon, but for now let me just tell you all that it's my new favorite place to sit in the apt. It's comfy, and pretty, and it makes me excited that Elizabeth is coming soon!

Speaking of which, I have many small updates:

Elizabeth: I had another doctor's appt. today, and I'm glad to say that I'm still exactly where I'm supposed to be in my pregnancy. I'm at 37 weeks, which means that I am technically considered "full term." That means that whenever Elizabeth decides to come is okay because she will be just fine. I wasn't worried about that, but it is a nice thing to hear.

Insurance Woes: Stephen and I were VERY frustrated and concerned about our health insurance situation. For those who don't know our situation, here are the basics: our current health coverage SUCKS because the company we used is a bunch of crooks. So, we needed desperately to switch because they weren't going to cover Elizabeth when she is born. The problem was that NONE of the companies that we checked out were going to do what we needed. Each company had SOMETHING wrong that meant that we couldn't use it. All that to say, we were VERY worried until today. Basically, God is good, and when we went in for my appt. today, a financial aid lady helped us to find decent coverage, so we are officially NOT worried anymore. Whew!

The Apt: Well, as we posted last time, our apt is pretty much done except for Elizabeth's room, and now that we have the rocking chair, we can finally FINISH! So, as soon as we're done, we will post more pics!

Stephen's School Stuff: Stephen is officially doing his first lab rotation, and although the technology that he is forced to work with is less than what he would like, he has been doing a bang-up job! In a matter of about a week and a half he has already finished one project and started another. I'm REALLY proud of him!

Getting Adjusted: Stephen and I love it here for the most part. The weather is much easier to deal with because of all the trees, but because of the trees we get lost a lot because street signs are hidden. In fact, all of North Carolina needs to fix its street signs because not only are they hidden by trees, but a lot of times, IF they exist at all, they are wrong! Yep, gotta love getting lost EVERY TIME we go somewhere new. Oh well, the trees are beautiful and worth it. We've also visited two churches already, and we liked them. It's very different from what we're used to, but we are certain that the Lord will lead us to the right one for us.

Well, this update has become WAY too long! Hopefully, the next post will have lots of fun pics!

Love to you all!

4 comments:

Jen McCrady said...

Yay! I can't believe you're so close to being a mommy! :) I'm so glad that the insurance stuff worked out... that's a relief I'm sure. CANT WAIT to see more pictures and for little Elizabeth to grace us with her presence!

Love you!!!!

Liesl said...

Glad things are going well and love the pictures of the apt!

Love you guys!

Ashley said...

Miss you guys so much! I will call you back SOON because I want to hear more details. Love you both!

Jeremy & Chelsea said...

glad to hear that other people get lost every time they go somewhere new too! some of our biggest fights after moving to Boston were in the car over who actually got us lost!