Wednesday, July 23, 2008

False Alarms

So I KNOW I've been promising more pics, but I have an explanation for that. Today (the day that I was PLANNING on doing a photo shoot of Elizabeth's room and rocking chair), I was woken up at 4:30am with some VERY strange feelings. After a VERY long morning of consulting my handy-dandy pregnancy book, talking with Stephen, and listening as hard as I could to my body, I realized that I had been experiencing "false labor pains."

Without going into all the crazy details, let me just say that it is NOT fun to feel the pain of a contraction and not have the satisfaction of it being "for real."

Oh well. I see the doc tomorrow, so hopefully I will have some answers. For now, I DO know that these false alarms are just a signal that the real thing will be coming SOON.

Anyway, my whole day got thrown off, and frankly, I wasn't feeling very good, so I'll have to try taking pics again tomorrow. Sorry kids!

Gotta love it.

Love to you all!

4 comments:

Jen McCrady said...

that is CRAZY because you were just talking to me about false alarms!! i'm glad you're okay, and i hope you don't have any more "false" labor pains!

KelsNotChels said...

Oh how crazy that must be! I can't even imagine what you're feeling right now, but I'm thinking of you...

hugs,
kels

Kim said...

I heard the wonderful news! Congrtaulations!!! I know you will be a great mom! : )

Karen said...

I just read on Jen's blog about Elizabeth's entrance into the world!!! Congratulations!!!!Can't wait to see pictures!