Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Anxious

Well, Stephen and I are officially 11 days away from Elizabeth's grand entrance into the world, and we are excited! I have to be honest, though, now that the doc has told us that her appearance is imminent, we are starting to really get anxious with anticipation. I mean, she's really coming! How cool is that?!

Anyway, we're pretty much ready for her to come. We each have one task left in order to consider ourselves completely prepared for the big day. I have to pack my suitcase for the hospital so that we can have it ready and waiting at the front door. Stephen has to hook the car seat into our car. Once we've done those things, we will officially be (and feel) ready.

It's hard to explain the excitement that we feel, but in a way, it's kind of like waiting for Christmas Day. We KNOW that we have an amazing gift waiting for us to eventually unwrap on the big day, but we don't exactly know what our gift will look like or be like. So there's this kind of "little kid" anticipation because we know it's coming and will be awesome, but at the same time we have the "grown-up" nervousness of knowing that life is changing for us. We like the change, but since we've never been here before, there's this anxious uneasiness about this unknown territory. We both just want to make sure we do a good job. (It may sound silly, but just wait until YOU are there. Then you'll see what we mean)

In an attempt to curb our anxious feelings, we've been doing as much relaxing as possible. We've been to a bunch of great movies, we've been making friends with a guy that is in Stephen's program at the school, and we've been trying out new dinner recipes. It's been fun, and we've been enjoying Chapel Hill a lot.

Well, this post ended up being a lot longer than I expected, so thanks to those of you who read it. Don't worry, new pics of Elizabeth's completed nursery are coming soon! Until then, keep praying for us and Elizabeth!

P.S. If you haven't seen Dark Knight, SEE IT! It will rock you! :)

Love to you all!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I know you are most anxious of all, but I am SOOOOOO excited to see pictures of elizabeth!! I know it will be hectic, I am so excited for you guys! Thanks for the updates!!!

Jen McCrady said...

It was so good chatting with you yesterday... I miss you! CANT WAIT for the little shrub to get here! :)

briandouglasphillips said...

Where are my "you in the rocking chair" pictures? I'm startin' to get angry. And you won't like me when I'm angry.