Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Movin' Out!

Wow, it's been a whilrwind these past few days, but God is good, and we finally feel like we can take a small breath. Thanks to all who prayed for us!

So, I still don't have fun pictures to post yet, but I will soon! Until then, here are a few updates on the Bush life:

Transportation:
We finally sold our old crappy cars, and got a new one! It's a Toyota RAV4, and we love it! It's beautiful, spacious, and pretty gas efficient. Stephen just brought it home last night, and it looks great! We can't wait to show it off because it's the first major buy that we've made as a couple. Yay for milestones in life.

Moving:
We are officially moved out of our apartment in Waco. Sadly, there are still two more days of school, so we are still here in Waco, but that's ok, because we're DONE packing! yay! I have to share this, though, because it's been so typical of our moving experience: Last night at about 2am, Stephen was almost done packing and cleaning the apt. when the vaccuum died! It literally kicked the bucket half-way through cleaning the apt. Then, when he was about to leave, he happened to open a cabinet, and discovered that we had forgotten to pack it! So, we were up until 4am. INSANE! Oh well, it's makes for a funny story later. I hope moving IN won't be as hectic

Stephen's Thesis:
Keep praying; he's SOOOOO close to finishing! He can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but now it's all the nit-picky stuff that just drives him crazy. He still has time, but it sure would take a load off his back if he could print it off and be done!


Elizabeth:
I'm in my 7th month now, and she is offically hyper enough to keep me awake at night. But, it's fun because it just makes it all the more real to me! We are SO excited! And, on that note, we are also SO thankful because Allie, Steph, and Jen threw me the COOLEST baby shower EVER last weekend, and I was blown away! It was wonderful, and they're just the best!

School:
Last night we had "8th Grade Graduation," and although it was very cheezy and overly emotional, it was great to celebrate my kiddos. As crazy as they drove me all year, I will truly miss them! It's been a GREAT year of teaching!

Well, I better go! It's time for a special awards ceremony at the school! Love to you all!

-Jen

3 comments:

Loren said...

Thank you so much for your thank you letter. I received it in the mail a couple days ago and it encouraged me so much, as you are so good at doing. I'm praying for you, Stephen, and Elizabeth Joy. I know this is a hard time in life, but I can see God's hand all over it. Just reading this reminds me how much I love my Baylor friends. It really warms my heart.

Karen said...

update! How is moving? I want stories (I know your busy! but I miss you!)

Jen McCrady said...

How's NC? we miss you already!! I hope you're settling in and having fun! :)