Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Life's Little Lessons

Stephen and I are getting ready for a "dollar movie date" tonight, and I'm excited because he's taking me to see Horton Hears a Who (which I haven't seen yet). As we are sitting here trying to catch our breaths from a crazy couple of weeks, I thought I'd send some lovin by way of the world wide web.

First off, for all those concerned, I'm still getting the hang of the whole blog situation, so I'm sorry that I haven't posted any cool pictures or anything, but I WILL get it figured out, and pictures will come soon. Promise!

Second, I just want to send a little shout out to my girlies in Plano. I am SO psyched about the shower this weekend, and I haven't looked more forward to something in a while. So, yea, ya'll rock!

Third, I thought I'd give some Praise to our awesome Father who has graciously showed me some really cool little lessons through the small things in life:

Lesson 1: God is awesome, and SO much smarter and better than we are. (He's got it figured out) -- Last weekend, I saw the movie Prince Caspian, and besides the fact that it was a great movie, the story and the characters literally moved me to tears when I thought about the symbolism hidden throughout. Everything in the movie just reminded me of how blessed we are to have such a great Savior who knows better, understands and sees everything, and loves us warts and all. He totally wins, and that makes me thankful. (BTW, if you haven't seen the movie, go see it!)
Lesson 2: No matter how mad you may get at someone, that person could still bless you if you chill out, let it happen, and pay attention -- This year at school has been amazing, and I have thoroughly enjoyed teaching, but I won't lie; junior highers can be BIG pains sometimes. Lately, especially, they have really been getting on my nerves as the school year comes to a close. However, something surprising happened today that really blessed me: Two of my girls threw me a surprise baby shower. It was totally student led with no help from the teachers, and it was a full on party with cute decorations, food, and even silly party games. (Honestly, I knew something was up a couple days ago, but I NEVER expected this.) They even got all the students to pitch in and buy us a whole basket-full of diapers! I was amazed and happy, and that just goes to show me to keep loving people, even when they annoy me....because you just never know when someone will surprise you.
Lesson 3: Encouraging others, encourages you! -- Today, I had the great honor and privilege of encouraging several people that I came in contact with. Please understand; this is not bragging about me. The people I encouraged just happened to need it, and God convicted me to do it. But, wow, it's so cool how energized and excited I was afterwards. I should know this already, but it was nice to be reminded to stop complaining about my own problems and help someone else.

In other news: please continue to keep us and our family in your prayers. A lot is going on, and not only is it stressful, it's also still very emotional as well. We've gotten to the point where we KNOW that God will provide and take care of us, but getting everything done is just HARD. Every prayer would be a blessing!

Time to wrap things up. My goal is to post on this thing more often, so keep checking!

Big Love to you from us Bushes!

1 comment:

Karen said...

So I JUST found your blogg through Jen's blogg and I am soooooo excited to read it and keep up with your life! Miss you, and hope all is well