Thursday, August 18, 2011

New Pics, as Promised

Thank you to all who put up with my rather negative previous post. As always, I have the BEST friends and family ever, and I can't tell you how encouraged I felt after your many sweet comments.

And I was also reminded by many of you (and the girls themselves) that the good really does out-weigh the bad when it comes to my little darlings. I recently read this really cool article about parenting written by a dad who is currently in the thick of it with his kids, and he made note of the fact that when they are really young, and you use the phrase, "the good out-weighs the bad," you are not talking about percentages. Percentage-wise, the hard stuff actually occurs about 85% of the time, and the good stuff occurs about 15% of the time. The thing that you have to realize is that the good 15% is so unbelievably amazing, it makes you forget everything else - like today, Elizabeth was getting into the car, she looked at me and said, "Mommy, you are the best of the best!." Now THAT is something that made all the troubles of the day worth it!

And so this is where I am right now, dear friends: doing my best and enjoying that sublime 15%. :)

So as a thank you for all of the wonderful encouraging, and also as a little bit of bragging on my part, here are some fun new pics of my sweet girls.







A list of my latest joyful 15%:
- today Elizabeth went down for her nap with NO problems. Yay!
- Cecily tries to "talk" to me, now. She makes the CUTEST noises.
- A clean bill of health for both girls from the Dr. yesterday.
- Elizabeth sings herself to sleep at night.
- Stephen and I got some fish for Elizabeth for her birthday. She named them "King," "Queen," and "Princess."
- in the car on our way to the store, just me and Elizabeth, "Mommy, I really miss Cecily!"
- "Mommy, I love you....and I like you!" <--- this is my favorite!

Love to you all,
Jen

No comments: