Sunday, August 24, 2008

Enchanted

When the movie, Enchanted, came out in theaters, Stephen and I wanted to go see it, but we never got the chance. Then, with moving and having a baby and all, we didn't get the chance to rent it like we wanted to, either. Well, last night, we FINALLY watched it, and it was GREAT! Not only were its references to other Disney movies hilarious, but the plot was actually fun and the characters great. We really enjoyed ourselves. It was nice to just sit and enjoy watching a movie. If you haven't seen it, you really should.


In other, more important news, Elizabeth turns one month old tomorrow. It's really hard to believe that it's already been a month, and we love her more and more every day.


So, in honor of her one month mark, I've decided to share a few things that she has already taught me about being a mom:

1. Sleep is overrated and coffee is a must - I don't know how moms who don't drink coffee survive; I really don't. Elizabeth keeps me up at all hours of the night, and I wouldn't survive the next day if I didn't have coffee.

2. Worry comes with the territory, so get used to it and get over it - I can't remember the last time I worried like I worry about her. Every time she cries, and I can't fix it, I worry. Every time I need to take her somewhere, I worry. It's normal, but it's not fun.

3. Enjoy the small things - Elizabeth is so young, she can't do much yet, but I've learned that it's the small things that she does that make everything so fun. She makes me laugh everyday with the hilarious faces she makes, and she wins me over every time she looks right at me.

4. Give yourself a break - It's okay not to do EVERYTHING all at once. It's okay to be too tired to go out or do laundry. Elizabeth will eventually even herself out, and that's when I'll be concerned about being SUPERgirl.

5. Family is the BEST - I wouldn't have survived this month without the constant prayers and support (and physical help) of my family. They have amazed and blessed me in so many ways. I feel a little more like I can handle things knowing that they're on my side. I miss them terribly, but just knowing that they're there for me in spirit is great.

Well, those are some things I've learned so far. Elizabeth is our greatest joy, and we are so thankful for our little one. Thanks to all of our family and friends. Ya'll are really the best!

Love and more pics to come soon!

1 comment:

Arizona Boy said...

Jen,

What a great note. You truly are learning. Sometimes, the learning come the hard way, but seeing the small blessing the Lord gives is huge. You and Stephen are doing an AMAZING job of being parents. No one said it would be easy, but the rewards are HUGE!

Me and mom love you so much. And thanks for the encouragement through our "stuff" right now. You've given me great wisdom which is one of the specific things I've been praying for. So, thanks.

I love you and Stephen and Elizabeth so much that words are extremely inadequate. You Rock My World!!!!

You're the best!

Your Father!