Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Trapped in My Own Body

I normally use this blog to brag about my cutie pie and keep everyone updated on our lives. And, I REALLY hate complaining (anyone who knows me understands this), but today I just need to get something off my chest b/c I just need some prayers.

As many of you already know, I've had back problems since college. It runs in my family, so it was only a matter of time before it hit me. Unfortunately, it hit at the worst possible time ever. Not only was I just starting my life with Stephen, but two years later, I had a child. According to my physical therapist and my doctor, this was a bad move on my body's part...and judging from the amount of pain I'm in all the time, I tend to agree with them.

Anyway, last week was one of the worst I've had in a long time, and today when I went to see my physical therapist, he basically gave me the grim truth: Until I'm done having kids (and they are old enough that I don't need to pick them up), AND until I get a better job (one that I don't have to drive so far to get to), my back will continue to be on a rollercoaster of pain, AND it could even get worse. So, the two things that I am having the hardest time changing, are the two very things that HAVE to change if I'm going to get any better......so basically I'm stuck like this for at least several more years.....possibly a decade.

I don't mean to whine, but ARG! It's SO frustrating to get news like this. I feel completely defeated and trapped in my own body.

So those of you who read this, I would really appreciate some prayers because I think I'm in for a LONG, HARD journey. I know that there are SO many people out there who have it much worse, so I shouldn't even be complaining, but I just feel like all the work I'm doing to try to help myself is doing as much good as using a water gun to take out a forest fire. Anyway, no more complaining. Just needing some prayers. Thanks to all of you who care!

Hopefully more encouraging posts to follow shortly.

Love to you all

3 comments:

Jen McCrady said...

i will totally add this to my prayers... sorry girl.

p.s. i'll call you asap. i've been detoxing after my birthday weekend. friends & family are exhausting!

LOVE YOU.

Kim Davison said...

Ditto what Jen said... You're in my prayers right now that you will feel better soon. Take care...

Liesl said...

Praying for you! And hopefully some day soon we will catch each other on the phone